Cookery [kook-uh-ree] - the art or practice of cooking; a place equipped for cooking.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Grilled Tuna over Salad

And.....Here's another recipe adapted by Beachbody LesMills Combat nutrition guide. Sorry, I know seeing just the "healthy" stuff can get boring (eating it can get boring too)! But is something I've eaten a couple times already, and it's super easy and good. I especially like the potates! ^^ This one is based on their "Grilled Tuna over Mixed Greens" recipe.




Serves 1
Approx. 400 calories per serving

Ingredients:
3 oz raw tuna fillet
dash of salt
dash of ground black pepper (optional)
2 cups mixed salad greens
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 large red onion, diced/chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 medium red potato, cut into quarters

Step 1: Preheat broiler to high (I used my toaster oven's broil setting)
Step 2: Put potato quarters on baking sheet (leave room for tuna). Spray with PAM/olive oil sprizter (optional). Sprinkle with a little bit of salt (optional).
Step 3: Broil potato bits for about 8 minutes.
Step 4: Turn potato bits over. Add tuna to baking sheet; broil about 8 minutes, turning tuna over after about 4-5 minutes (leave potatoes alone). Check to make sure fish is done (if not, cook another 1-2 minutes).
Step 5: Combine salad greens, tomato, and onion in bowl. Mix.
Step 6: Combine balsamic vinegar, oil, and lemon juice in small bowl. Mix.
Step 7: Drizzle dressing over greens (toss if desired). Leave a small amount of dressing for fish.
Step 8: Top salad with fish, drizzle remaining dressing over fish/salad.
Step 9: Serve with potatoes on side.

Recipe times: not listed
My times: Prep - 10 minutes; Cook - 19 minutes
Total time: 29 minutes

I'm sure prep time will be less if you are a pro at chopping stuff and getting everything together. I'm slow...But still... I made a double of this (one serving for the fiance), and it took just under 30 minutes? I call that a win in my book!

Ingredients
Ingredients - Prepped onion and tomato

Step 2 & 3 (my toaster oven)

No comments:

Post a Comment