Cookery [kook-uh-ree] - the art or practice of cooking; a place equipped for cooking.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Beef Tri-tip Salad

Here's another recipe adapted by Beachbody LesMills Combat nutrition guide. I was actually pretty amazed how their recipes were filling, even though it didn't sound like a lot of food on paper. This one is based on their "Grilled Steak and Arugula Salad" recipe (I did not use arugula, but rather the mixed greens I had in the fridge). It also took a lot less time than I thought it would to toss together, so it'll definitely be one of my go-to dinners from now on. I mean...who can say no to tri-tip? The whole house smelled so good while it was broiling.....


Serves 1
Approx. 280 calories per serving

Ingredients:
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 oz raw beef tri-tip*
dash of salt
dash of ground black pepper
2 cups mixed salad greens
1/4 of large red bell pepper, chopped/diced
2 tbsp parmesan cheese (grated or shaved)

*will become 2.25-2.75oz after cooking, depending on amount of fat

Step 1: Preheat grill or broiler to high (I used my toaster oven's broil setting, which worked surprisingly well).
Step 2: Combine oil, lemon juice, and vinegar; mix well. Set aside.
Step 3: Season beef with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Cook beef approximately 5-6 minutes each side for medium rare. Remove from heat when done and let stand about 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
Step 5: Toss greens and bell pepper together in bowl. Drizzle with dressing.
Step 6: Top salad with cheese and steak (I did cheese first, then steak).

Recipe times: not listed
My times: Prep - 15 minutes; Cook - 12 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes

Ingredients
Ingredient - chopped red bell pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment