Cookery [kook-uh-ree] - the art or practice of cooking; a place equipped for cooking.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Rainbow Scramble

One of my goals this year is to lose some weight and get fit (yes, I'm a sheep). I've been working out semi-regularly for a while, but my eating habits weren't great, especially around the holidays. So for the new year, I started a new workout program by Beachbody called LesMills Combat. With the program came a nutrition guide, which included a few recipes. This recipe is adapted from their "Rainbow Scramble". Basically an egg-white omelet with some mix-ins and topping. I ate it with a side of grapefruit.



Serves 1
Approx. 230 calories per serving

Ingredients:
5 large egg whites*
1/4 tsp sea salt (or table salt)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp corn kernels, fresh or frozen**
1/2 medium tomato, diced
1/2 medium avocado, sliced

*I don't like wasting yolks from separating out the whites, so I used liquid egg whites.
**I used canned corn kernels from Costco

Step 1: Mix egg whites in medium bowl with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add corn and tomato. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Step 3: Add egg whites to skillet, cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are set, stirring frequently.
Step 4: Top with avocado.

Recipe times: not listed
My times: Prep - 8 minutes; Cook - 8 minutes
Total time: 16 minutes 

Ingredients
Veggie prep
Finished recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment