Cookery [kook-uh-ree] - the art or practice of cooking; a place equipped for cooking.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Chinese Sausage and Tofu over Rice

This is a recipe I came up with on my own. Since I enjoy chinese sausage so much, I tried to think of other ways I could use it other than in Sticky Rice. And I thought that I could throw it in with the rice in a rice cooker. And to make it a little healthier, I figured I'd add tofu!! So here it is!! Quick, easy, and delicious!



Ingredients:
1 cup rice, white or jasmine
1 1/3 cup water
1 Chinese sausage link (lop chong)
1 scallion/green onion
8 oz extra firm tofu

Serves 2-3
Weight Watchers: 7 points per serving (serving = 1/3 of dish)

Step 1: Put rice and water into rice cooker bowl (you can rinse the rice beforehand or not, your preference).
Step 2: Slice Chinese sausage thinly, about 1/4 inch in width; add to rice cooker.
Step 3: Slice scallion; add to rice cooker.
Step 4: Cut tofu into 16-24 pieces (depending on how large you want your tofu pieces); add to rice cooker.
Step 5: Stir ingredients in rice cooker to mix slightly.
Step 6: Let the cooker run a normal cycle for rice; once it's on "Keep Warm" let it sit (additional steaming) for about 15 minutes.
Step 7: Season with soy sauce to taste; serve.

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: about 30 minutes (depends on rice cooker)
Total time: 35 minutes

Definitely a quick and easy dish, especially good for those days when you are rushed and tired after work, and yet don't want to eat fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment