Cookery [kook-uh-ree] - the art or practice of cooking; a place equipped for cooking.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cherry Pie Bites

Let me start this off by saying....THIS IS ONE OF THE BESTEST, EASIEST DESSERTS EVER!! I made this for Tuesday night Magic night (yes, I am a dork). And there were none left by the end of the night. I was supposed to bring treats to work the next day....oops! :) But since they're super easy to make, I can always make more once I run to the store and pick up more pie filling and crescent roll dough. I found the recipe through Pinterest, actual site is here.



Servings: 16
About 151 calories per serving

Ingredients:
1 can Cherry Pie Filling (21 oz)
2 tubes crescent roll
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk**

*I used Reduced Fat, which has 8 rolls in each tube
**I used my sweet cream creamer since I didn't have milk...still turned out scrumptious!

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Step 2: Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray (make sure you spread the nonstick in around the tin's cups, I used a napkin). I needed two muffin tins.
Step 3: Put individual crescent rolls into each muffin tin, putting the widest part in the cup.
Step 4: Scoop pie filling into each roll in the tins. Use up filling as evenly as possibly between all rolls.
Step 5: Fold in the dough of each mini pie, starting with the shortest sides (gaps are fine, take a look at the picture below).
Step 6: Bake 13-15 minutes. Rolls will be golden brown on top.
Step 7: Remove from oven; option to put on cooling rack lined with wax paper.
Step 8: Prep icing/glaze - Mix sugar and milk in bowl until smooth. Add small bits of milk if too thick or small bits of sugar if too thin, until desired consistency.
Step 9: Drizzle icing over bites.
Step 10: EAT

Recipe's time estimate: not listed
My total cooking time: 24 minutes (10 minute prep, 14 minutes cook)

My prep time was probably slightly longer than it should have been, since I was taking pictures. I think I can cut it down to closer 5 minutes. Can also prep the icing right at the end of the oven time, instead of after bites are removed. I ate some fresh out of the oven after icing was applied. OMG, was it good. Will definitely be trying this with different pie fillings.

Ingredients

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 7


1 comment: