Cookery [kook-uh-ree] - the art or practice of cooking; a place equipped for cooking.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

This one is based off a recipe found on the Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips bag. I didn't follow it exactly, since I wanted to make a larger batch for a party but didn't have a second bag of those particular baking chips. So I modified the recipe a bit, but they still turned out delicious! Too bad I typically only see those Andes baking chips around during the Christmas holidays....but maybe that's a good thing, or else I'd be making way more cookies than I should...



Servings: 68
About 121 calories per serving

Note: This make a very large batch. It can definitely be halved or quartered for smaller batches.

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white granulated sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
4 tsp vanilla extract
1 pkg Andes Creme de Menthe Baking chips (10 oz)
1 cup (6 oz) Nestle Semi-Sweet Baking chips
4 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350F.
Step 2: Beat butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, and eggs until mixed.
Step 3: Mix in baking soda, baking powder, and salt (mix well).
Step 4: Mix in flour (mix well).
Step 5: Add Andes and Semi-sweet baking chips, stir.
Step 6: On lined or non-stick baking pan, drop heaping tbsp of dough.
Step 7: Bake for 14-20 minutes (will depend on whether you are baking more than one pan at a time). If baking two pans at a time and on different racks, rotate pans halfway through cooking time (they will also need a few extra minutes). I did two racks at a time and each batch required 18-19 minutes.
Step 8: Cool (or eat some hot like I did!).

Recipe's time estimate: not listed
My total cooking time: 59 minutes (20 minute prep, 39 minutes cook)

A lot of my prep time was mixing the batter. I don't have a stand mixer, and mixing large amounts of dough by hand takes a while to ensure thorough mixing. So if you make a smaller batch or have a stand mixer, your times will be shorter. These were a hit at our game night party. I think using partially semi-sweet chocolate chips helped keep the cookies from being over-poweringly sweet. I'll make these again, but will try and play with the ingredients to maybe cut down on the calories.

Ingredients

Step 2

Step 5

Step 6

No comments:

Post a Comment