Cookery [kook-uh-ree] - the art or practice of cooking; a place equipped for cooking.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake

So I've already failed at trying to post a new recipe once per week..... byebye New Year's Resolutions lol. Maybe I'll change it to at least once a month? Anyways.... I (we) got a bundt cake pan as a wedding gift, and I was super excited to use it over the holidays. And I LOVE pumpkin desserts, especially baked goods! Found what turned out to be a SUPER AWESOME recipe on Pinterest. ^^ I made it three or four times between Thanksgiving and Christmas. So delicious! And surprisingly easy to make. I was a little nervous since I've never made bundt cakes before.

Original recipe here




Servings: 24*
Calories per serving: 206

*24 slices worked out perfectly with my bundt pan. Some shapes/designs may not cut as easily into 24 servings.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
Confectioners' (powdered) sugar, for dusting

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°.
Step 2: Grease bundt cake pan with either butter or spray Pam. Do not use liquid oil, it beads and pools in the pan, rather than evenly greasing it. I made this mistake my first attempt.
Step 3: Dust greased pan with flour.
Step 4: In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended.
Step 5: Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Step 6: Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves in separate bowl.
Step 7: Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin, mixing well after each addition.
Step 8: Transfer batter to greased & floured pan.
Step 9: Bake 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Step 10: Cool 10-20 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool completely. Step 11: Once cooled, dust with confectioners' sugar.

Recipe time: Prep = 10 minutes, Baking = 1 hour. Cooling not estimated.
My cooking time: 15 minutes for prep, 1 hour cooking. 3-4 hours cooling.

Everyone liked the cake at the parties I took them too. It was still good after a couple days. I brought some to my coworkers after the weekend, and they enjoyed it. :)

Ingredients
Step 2
Step 5
Step 6
Step 7
Step 8
Step 9
Step 10

No comments:

Post a Comment